Round Up Toxicity

pesticideFood conglomerate Monsanto introduced the herbicide glyphosate as Round Up in the 1970’s. According to Stephen Duke in “Glyphosate: A Once In A  Lifetime Herbicide” glyphosate “more closely approximates to a perfect herbicide than any other.”

Since the 1970’s, there have been numerous studies documenting how toxic even trace amounts of Round Up can be to our bodies. According to a recent study published in the journal Ecotoxicology, Round Up is one of the most toxic and harmful pesticides in the world.

The study looked at Round Up’s effects on D. Magna, a freshwater invertebrate species. According to documents released from Monsanto, Round Up is not harmful to D. Magna. Turns out though, that Round Up is harmful to this small, water organism, and many other life forms.

At the Center for Biosafety at the University of Tromso, in Norway, researchers found that Round Up in small doses is toxic and lethal to these small, fresh water fleas. They found that even at miniscule levels, glyphosate and Round Up are acutely and chronically toxic to aquatic creatures.

What does this mean to you? These small, aquatic creatures are going to be more sensitive to chemicals and harmful toxins than we are. But, if they are toxic to smaller, more vulnerable animals, then they will be toxic to us as humans as well.

I wrote an article about the toxicity of Round Up on mammals, read about it here.

Here is a link to an article that discusses the study of the effects of Glyphosate and Round Up on aquatic creatures:

http://www.naturalnews.com/041150_Monsanto_Roundup_glyphosate.html#ixzz2Z74MtDdN

Comments

comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *